Wednesday, April 8, 2009

::Experience::

We were taught in Communication Studies that perception and experience shapes the reality that we all live in, and thus, the "truth" human believe in. Of course i don't want to argue what is "truth" here, that argument has been over-debated.

I just wanna make sense of all my experience lately. I suddenly think that this is rather important. This morning, i received news that my uncle at Sabah has just passed away. A cluster of emotions filled my heart. I am not close to my uncle, but death is always unbearable, regardless of how close or far i am from that person. This is also the third death in my family since last year. And only last weekend that i was suddenly reminded by my grandparents' deaths, and now this.

Like last week i was burdened by the fact that my grandparents didn't have the chance to know God before they died. And it burdened me even more that my family don't know God also, the sense of urgency was planted in my heart, but i knew ultimately, God is sovereign above all.

So when i heard the new that my uncle has passed away, i thank God that at least he came to know Christ just before he died. Ying Jie [my newly appointed Buddy] told me that He belongs to the Lord now, and i will see him in heaven one day, this really comforted me a lot.

And all these experiences point me to this direction:
Luke 17:30-35

30"It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.
31On that day no one who is on the roof of his house, with his goods inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything.
32
Remember Lot's wife!
33
Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
34I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left."

There will be much rejoicing in heaven one day, and with this hope i will continue this walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment